Monday, May 3, 2010

I had a busy day last Saturday and it turned out to be not a good day. I was out shopping with my friend Fe and after we shopped I stopped to the grocery store. I took Andrew with me and Russ was out to attend the leadership meeting at church. When we were at the grocery store, Andrew asked me for food and I picked up some fried chicken. Andrew doesn't pick up candy from the store unless he asked. I didn't realize Andrew picked up a small bag of peanut butter M & M until I was in the counter ready to pay. He handed it to me so I can pay for it. He admitted he only had 3 pieces and he already started coughing so hard. As I drove home, his coughing got worst and he started turning red. I was calling the clinic to make an appointment but I was advised to either call 911 or take him to the emergency room. Since Russ wasn't home I called 911 and they came in few minutes. It was my first time to call 911 and I was scared to death. When the paramedics came, Andrew seems to be fine since I just gave him his allergy medicine right when we came home but we're still advised to take him to be checked just in case. We made an appointment right away and on our way to the clinic, he got puffy and red and was complaining for an upset stomach. When we arrived at the clinic he was treated immediately and right after the treatment he was doing better a little bit at a time.

I managed to take a pic of him from my cp an hour after his treatment. He was still red but a lot better.

I'm grateful for his doctor who got into his case right away and that we didn't have to wait when they gonna do it.

Andrew realized the mistake he made and our way home he kept on saying sorry for what he did. I hope that was the first and the last time I had to call 911. It wasn't a fun experience at all.