Saturday, April 4, 2009

General conference was so great and I'm so excited for more talks tomorrow! I was watching with Andrew and he sat down almost through the whole afternoon session. He was doing really good and he always asked me who was talking as the conference continues.


I love all the talks but Elder Richard G. Scott (Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) talks inspired me the most. As I watched and listened him spoke, I felt like he was talking to me personally. He was talking about Temple ordinances and those blessings from attending the temple. What really hit me from his message is when he shared how felt fourteen years ago, he lost his wife in death. He has never asked why, but what does God want him to learn? He doesn’t understand why necessarily, but he does not complain. He was talking about his children and that they are blessings in his life. His son Richard born with a heart defect. Surgeon first expressed success to them, then within 10 minutes later his son had died from the shock of the operation. Again he never asked why but instead rejoice in the knowledge that all his children are sealed to them for time and eternity. He emphasized that this is a good way to face the unpleasant in our life. Everything else in the hands of the Lord. We should never complain when we are living worthily. Fourteen years ago, God decided not necessary for his wife to live in mortality. When we keep our Temple covenants then come what may, we have no reason to worry or be despondent. We will be with our loved ones who died because of Temple ordinances. Sealing authority on earth is a blessing!