Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I went to my doctor’s appointment last Tuesday (June 9) for my NST and as usual it showed regular contractions. When the doctor did the pelvic exam I was 3+ cm already so I was scheduled for induction the next day. Tuesday night was the longest night of my life, I was excited for the fact that I would see my baby the next day but at the same time I was once again overcome with my fears of losing another one. Though everything was fine all throughout my pregnancy, I still have a lot of fears and it was when I was close to my due date that my experience with Ammon kept on haunting me. I knew I needed a priesthood blessing at the time, I asked my husband to give me one before we left to the hospital. We dropped Andrew to Fe & Scott’s house and then head to the hospital. We arrived about 8:00 am in the hospital and after an hour or so, they started me with the induction medicine. Around 1:00 pm the doctor broke my bag of water and less than 2 hours after I was already 9 cm dilated. When I was ready they had me push and after few pushes ( it took me 5 mins I think) baby Aaron came out at exactly 4:36 pm.. When I heard him cried, all the fears went away when I know for sure that my baby is alive. My delivery went well except I lost more blood that I should have. Luckily I didn’t need blood transfusion my doctor was quick enough to order the medicine I needed for the bleeding. I am grateful for having a very good and experienced doctor. I have gone through a lot with this pregnancy and I’m always glad he’s on the top of everything. Aaron's birth brought blessings, joy and hope to our family.