Sunday, June 15, 2008

This is my father's day gift to Russ. I bought it last Friday when we were in Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant. After saving our seats, we went eat dinner at the church. They had a turkey barbecue dinner. It was pretty good. After eating we were walking back to the venue for the pageant. As we were walking there were a lot of vendors selling different stuffs on the side of the street. And then we came across to a guy (Larry Nielson) selling a lot of his artwork made out of old barn wood. I first saw this picture below and told the artist how he made a great job.Then Fe pointed me to this one and as I look at it I saw Russ crying. Before I could even look at this wonderful piece of art I knew why he cried and my heart was breaking too but I was just holding my emotions.I was trying to be strong for him.

I talked to the artist and told him how beautiful it is and I told him how I felt that is was made for us. I told him about our story and my experience with Ammon. Right when he was born, Russ was holding him in his own hands until he lost his breath. When you look at the picture and the frame, who couldn't tell that this beautiful piece of art was indeed made for us?




I talked to the artist and ask how much he wants and it was a lot. He said that in his gallery it's marked for a $1,000.00 and I told him though I really wanted it but I don't have that much money to pay for it. He understood why we're so attached with the picture and gave us a great deal. We got this artwork for 1/4 of his gallery price and since I didn't have that much money then to pay him, he offered to let me take the frame and just send him the check. I thought how trusting he was! but it happened that Fe had her checkbook with her so she paid it there and I just paid her back once we got home. .I'm grateful for all those people with special talents and who's to willing share it. I'm grateful for this artist and we will always remember him. You can check this artist website here. A pose with the artist larry Nielson...