Thursday, July 24, 2008

I lied down with Andrew in the couch to put him to nap and I fell asleep right away but he did not. I didn't know what's going on of course until Andrew tried to wake me up and told me he drew a mountain and train track. I was just ignoring him at first because I was really tired a few minutes after he came back and pulled my hands so I would get out of the couch. Yes I was surprised looking at him and he said "Mommy I'm a cat like Kuya!" I remember a few months ago when JR came home with his cat make up for their school performance and I thought Andrew remember that and he was trying to do the same. When I looked at the wall, I found the mess he made. I talked to him and let him understand he's not supposed to do what he did and if he needed to draw something he has to asked for paper and pen and not get into my stuff and daddy's stuff. We always see to it that we put everything 'dangerous" out of Andrew's reach but he always finds a way to get what he wants. He would get a chair and use it wherever and whatever he wanted to get. Anyway, I did a research right away in the internet how to get rid of these marks. Andrew used a sharpie pen and this is what I found. For Andrew's face this is the instruction I followed;


Take the child into a warm soapy bath and gently stroke the area. Never rub as this just buries it deeper into the skin.. The best soap to use is Gerber Giggles and Grins. Apply it to the area and gently wash away. If that doesn’t do it, gently stroke the area with rubbing alcohol (rinse well and put the rubbing alcohol up high right afterwards of course).


For the wall, these are the stuffs they suggested that would help;




  1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (also works for crayons, but don’t use it on skin, of course)
  2. WD-40
  3. Anti-bacterial hand gel
  4. Hairspray
  5. Cooking spray
  6. Nail polish remover
  7. Bleach (depending on the surface)
  8. Goof Off

I tried what I have first (bleach, nail polish remover, hand gel) unluckily, they didn't seem to work so I went to Walmart and bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.. And yes it did work. I'm glad there's a product like Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's safe and doesn't stink (unlike the bleach, nail polish remover and hair spray) and most important of all it didn't damged the paint.





Andrew used the curio mirror as he was writing on his face that's why he saw himself as the "cat"
I let Andrew do some scrubbing too and he didn't mind doing it, he actually loved it!

Thanks to this Magic Eraser.. The wall is clean again! I would highly reccoment this product.
BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER