Sunday, August 17, 2008

Today was our stake conference and it was held in the Bountiful Regional Center. The conference was great and I felt the spirit so strong. The Spanish Branch was the Choir and they sang the opening hymn "Come Come Ye Saints" in their own language. The third verse was sang by I think a primary age (8-10) girl and she sang with power and though I didn't understand the line but I felt the spirit was so strong. I know no matter what languages we speak, the spirit of the Lord talk to us in the same language. Our stake president gave the concluding talk and he was straightforward about his topic. He talked about sharing testimonies and he emphasized that we should only share our "testimony" on fast and testimony Sunday and that a testimony doesn't need to be our personal or family stories, travel and other stories. He mentioned that we as adult have the tendency to explain or tell how we gained a testimony. When we share our testimony as he said, it should be something that we only know and not why or how we know it. He even promised that when all the members will do it, we would feel the spirit of the Lord stronger in every testimony meeting. He also said that little kids need not to share their testimony when they can't do it in their own. Parents doesn't have to whisper to them, if they're not ready to do it all by themselves then we should not let them do it.
I want to share my testimony to the readers of my bog, that I know God lives. I know we are all His children and he loves us so much. I know He hears and answers our prayers. I know that the leaders of the church are called of God. I know that families can be together forever. I know The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the only true and living church on the earth. I know President Monson is a prophet of God. I know Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. I know the Book of Mormon is true and it contains the word of God. I know all these thing are true in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.




Here's some pictures we took before we left for stake conference.

I've been watching the food network since we got the cable hooked up about 2 months ago. One of the shows that I found interesting to watch is the Dinner Impossible hosted by Chef Robert Irvine. On the show, he was challenged each week by a different culinary situation, but invariably, they involved serving very large numbers of guests with uncommon supplies and unusual cooking situations. In one of the episodes he made a Seared Salmon over Risotto Style Potatoes and Corn that I wanted to try so I made it for our dinner tonight. It is easy to do and it was good.