Thursday, September 18, 2008

I bought a potty chair when Andrew was about 14 months old hoping to get him to use it and get potty trained but it's been sitting in the toilet for a while since he wouldn't not use it and worst he was scared to sit on it. I have been trying to potty train him for a while now and unfortunately he would not cooperate so I thought he might not be ready. I bought a book "Zack's Potty" and I read it to him every other night when I put him to sleep and he got excited about using the potty while we're reading it but when I put him in the toilet he would just cry and would tell me he doesn't want to make a mess in the toilet so I finally set the idea of potty training him aside.
Until last night he told me he needed to go potty in the toilet. Having a new underwear didn't excite him at all so we told him he would get a fancy new car if he would use the potty chair. That made him so excited! So today he finally use his potty chair.

He was so happy to get his reward after making a poop in his potty chair. He didn't only get one car but he got more as he was using his potty chair every time he needed to go. I hope he will continue to use his potty chair from now on, it will save us some $$$ for diapers and wipes!