Thursday, September 11, 2008

Together with my companion we went visiting teaching today. We had a great time and I enjoyed the lesson a lot! This month's message is "The Gospel of Jesus Christ Teaches the Eternal Potential of the Children of God". Before giving the lesson my companion shared an episode from the TV show "Everybody Loves Raymund" (I don't watch this show but their episode last night was interesting. Last night episode was "Talk To Your Daughter"- Armed with research and much preparation, Ray is ready to speak with Ally about the facts of life only to find that Ally's interest has changed from where babies come from to the meaning of life. Totally unprepared for this line of questioning, a baffled Ray gets unsolicited advice from his family on how to answer. In one of their conversations the daughter asked "Why we're here? and the father's answer was "Because heaven is crowded!".




To some it may be funny but I agree with what my companion had said that she was so sorry to hear such an answer. I remember as a missionary, my most favorite lesson to teach to people was the "Plan Of Salvation" It was always a spiritual experience for me when we taught this lesson especially to families. As a member of the true church, I know I'm blessed to have this knowledge, it gives me hope and purpose as I wrestle with the challenges of life.. The plan of salvation is the fullness of the gospel. It includes the Creation, the Fall, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and all the laws, ordinances, and doctrines of the gospel. Because of this plan, we can be perfected through the Atonement, receive a fullness of joy, and live forever in the presence of God. Our family relationships can last throughout the eternities. At times, I'm still having a hard time coping with the loss of my baby boy but the plan of salvation gives me hope that I can see him and be with him again someday.