Wednesday, February 20, 2008


I got a letter from Elder dela Cruz. Elder dela Cruz is one of our golden contacts as a missionary. We taught him on my first area. He and his family along with his 6 friends and relatives were baptized in January 2000. He’s always been active in the church and I’m proud of his decision to serve the lord through serving a mission. I was moved as I read his letter especially in this line ( I know you’re happy to know that you’re seeing the fruit from the seed you planted before. My family & I were the seed. Now I’m planting that same seed to other.”). It reminded me of my mission life, I used to say before “I wish I’m a full time missionary forever”. I loved being a missionary especially seeing how people changed because of the gospel you share. I hope Andrew and my other kids will have the desire to go when it’ll be time. I know I can’t be a full time missionary forever but I can still be a missionary in any way. Russ and I decided that we’d help whenever we could to those who are willing to serve a mission but doesn’t have the financial ability to do it all in their own. We supported a few and Elder dela Cruz is one of them, when he told me he wanted to serve a mission I never hesitated to offer him some financial help because I know he needed it. I’m grateful that we could and it really makes us feel good to be of help.